Art in the County (June 21-July 7, 2019) is a great County destination for art lovers and a wonderful way to round out a visit to Picton. Art works in a wide range of media are showcased, including watercolour, acrylic, oil and encaustic paintings, sculpture, fibre, wood, photography, ceramics, glass and more.
While visiting, please take a minute and vote for your favourite piece of art. The Peoples’ Choice Award will be announced on the last day of the show. Check local newspapers to see if your favourite won.
Location | Hours | Admission Fee | Parking | Accessibility
June 21 – July 9, 2019
The Mess Hall in the Armoury
206 Main St. Picton
10-6 Monday to Saturday
10-5 Sundays (except last day 7 July closes at 2 PM)
Children aged 12 and under free
Admission is FREE on Canada Day.
There is plenty of free parking at the municipal parking lot on Mary Street (at Elizabeth Street).
The space is wheel chair accessible.
Art in the County at The Armoury, 206 Main St. Picton.
For specific directions from your town, click Directions to within the map and enter your Town Name (eg. Warkworth ON) in the space provided.
Coming from the West
- Take Hwy 401 eastbound to exit 522.
- Travel south (right turn) on County Road 40 to Hwy 33.
- Turn right on Hwy 33.
- Turn left on County Road 1.
- Turn left at the traffic circle on Picton Main St (Hwy 33)
- Drive into downtown Picton. The Armoury is on your right beside the Picton Public Library but, to get to the free municipal parking lot, you will need to turn right on Elizabeth St. before you get to The Armoury. The lot is at the foot of Elizabeth St.
Coming from the East
- Take Hwy 401 westbound to exit 566.
- Travel south (left turn) on County Road 15, which becomes Hwy 49.
- Hwy 49 becomes Picton Main St.
- The Armoury is on your left beside the Picton Public Library but, to get to the free municipal parking lot, you will need to turn left on Elizabeth St. just after you pass The Armoury. The lot is at the foot of Elizabeth St.
Visit Prince Edward County’s Vacation Guide
for listings and availability information for all County accommodations
and hours of operation for local restaurants, cafes and pubs.