Art in the County is a great County destination for art lovers and a wonderful way to round out a visit to Picton. Artworks in a wide range of media are showcased, including watercolour, acrylic, oil and encaustic paintings, sculpture, fibre, wood, photography, ceramics, glass and more.
For 2022, we are planning both an in-person show to be held at the Armory and an online show similar to the one held last year.
If you visit in-person, please take a minute and vote for your favourite piece of art. The Peoples’ Choice Award and the Children’s Choice Award (for children aged 12 and under) will be announced on the last day of the show. Check local media outlets to see if your favourite won.
This year, to limit COVID exposure, we are asking visitors to follow the directional arrows that will be posted in the gallery. We are encouraging everyone to wear a mask when visiting the show. Please do not attend if you do not pass the Covid-19 self-assessment.
Location | Hours | Admission Fee | Parking | Accessibility
The Armoury – The Bunker, lower level
206 Main St.
Picton, Ontario, Canada
Hours: open 10:00 am to 6:00 pm each day. Exceptions: closes at 5:00 pm on Sundays and 2:00 pm on the last day (July 4th).
Admission is $3.00. Children aged 12 and under enter for free.
There is plenty of free parking at the municipal parking lot on Mary Street (at Elizabeth Street). Please enter at the rear of The Armoury off Mary Street.
We are committed to providing an accessible environment in which all individuals have equal access to Art in the County in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Please let us know of any accommodations that visitors with disabilities may require. Please note that repairs to the accessibility ramp at the back entrance to the ground level of the Armoury Building are forthcoming, but that it may not currently be functional for all types of mobility aids. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com or 613-476-8767.
Art in the County at The Armoury, 206 Main St. Picton.
For specific directions from your town, click Directions to within the map and enter your Town Name (eg. Warkworth ON) in the space provided.
Coming from the West
- Take Hwy 401 eastbound to exit 522.
- Travel south (right turn) on County Road 40 to Hwy 33.
- Turn right on Hwy 33.
- Turn left on County Road 1.
- Turn left at the traffic circle on Picton Main St (Hwy 33)
- Drive into downtown Picton. The Armoury is on your right beside the Picton Public Library. To get to the free municipal parking lot, turn right on Elizabeth St. before you get to The Armoury. The lot is at the foot of Elizabeth St. The Armoury is visible across Mary St.
Coming from the East
- Take Hwy 401 westbound to exit 566.
- Travel south (left turn) on County Road 15, which becomes Hwy 49.
- Hwy 49 becomes Picton Main St.
- The Armoury is on your left beside the Picton Public Library. To get to the free municipal parking lot, turn left on Elizabeth St. just after you pass The Armoury. The lot is at the foot of Elizabeth St. The Armoury is visible across Mary St.