Art in the County is a great County destination for art lovers and a wonderful way to round out a visit to Picton. Artworks in a wide range of media are showcased, including watercolour, acrylic, oil and encaustic paintings, sculpture, fibre, wood, photography, ceramics, glass and more.
For 2023, we are once again holding both an in-person show to be held at Base31, Lecture Hall, and an online show similar to the one held last year.
If you visit in-person, please take a minute and vote for your favourite piece of art. The Peoples’ Choice Award and the Children’s Choice Award (for children aged 12 and under) will be announced on the last day of the show. Check local media outlets to see if your favourite won.
Location | Hours | Admission Fee | Parking | Accessibility
Base31, Building 17, Lecture Hall
343 County Rd 22
Picton, Ontario, Canada
Hours: open 10:00 am to 6:00 pm each day. Exceptions: closes at 5:00 pm on Sunday June 25 and 2:00 pm on the last day (July 2nd).
There is no charge for admission, however a donation of $5.00 per adult to support Art in the County is most welcomed.
There is plenty of free parking at the Base31 near Building 17, Lecture Hall.
We are committed to providing an accessible environment in which all individuals have equal access to Art in the County in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Base31 has an accessible parking lot located near the Drill Hall event venue (Building 20)
Please let us know of any accommodations that visitors with disabilities may require. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com or 613-476-8767.
Art in the County at Base31, Building 17, Lecture Hall, 343 County Rd 22, Picton.
For specific directions from your town, click Directions to within the map and enter your Town Name (eg. Warkworth ON) in the space provided.
Coming from the West
- Take Hwy 401 eastbound to exit 522.
- Travel south (right turn) on County Road 40 to Hwy 33.
- Turn right on Hwy 33.
- Turn left on Prince Edward County Road 1 (Scoharie Road).
- Take the 2nd exit at the roundabout (Sandy Hook Rd towards Cherry Valley).
- Turn right onto County Road 10.
- Turn left onto County Road 22.
- Turn right at entrance to Base31, approximately 1.7 kms. The show is in Building 17, Lecture Hall, with parking near the building.
Coming from the East
- Take Hwy 401 westbound to exit 566, Marysville Rd.
- Travel south (left turn) on) on Hwy 49.
- Hwy 49 becomes Picton Main St., Hwy 33.
- Turn left onto Bridge Street, then turn right on Union Street, and right onto Church Street (County Rd 22).
- The entrance to Base31 is on the left at the top of the hill, approximately 1.8 kms. The show is in Building 17, Lecture Hall, with parking near the building.